Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5--Classic Coffee Cake

So, I'm pretty big on tradition around here.  For my December breakfasts, I like to use some family recipes, but throw in some new ones now and then.    However, this coffee cake is a classic. Hence, the name. 

When Doug and I had been married only several weeks, I wanted to make a coffee cake for Saturday breakfast.  I looked in my shiny, new Better Homes and Gardens cook book for a recipe.  I couldn't find one like my mom used to make.  So I called her and got her recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook she had as a new bride.  I scribbled it down on a sticky note and stuck it in my cook book.  There it is to this day.  True story.


I love this coffee cake and wish I had a nickel for every time I've made it over the last 20 years. 


It's perfect with a glass of milk.  Or coffee. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment