Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 16--Santa Lucia Bread

Every since Morgan was a little girl and read the American Girl books about Kirsten, she has dressed up as Santa Lucia on December 13.  We don't have Scandinavian heritage, but we like to pretend.  Morgan didn't want to do it last year, (sniff, sniff) but she agreed to do it one more time this year. 

Morgan--Christmas 2007

Then I blew it.  I tried a new bread recipe.  It was supposed to be a quick-rising dough that didn't take 4 hours from start to finish.  I liked the idea, since Santa Lucia is supposed to bring the bread and coffee to the family at dawn!

Needless to say, Morgan lost her motivation to dress up and present the bread since it looked so hideous.  Oh, well.


This is what it looked like before it exploded.

Whoa! Was I surprised when I opened the oven!

Tasted just as yummy, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment