Sunday, April 24, 2011

Which came first...Easter or the Cadbury Creme Egg?

I get so annoyed when I see Christmas decorations out before Halloween. Or Valentine Hearts on sale before the end of December. Please. Let's celebrate one holiday at a time. There's plenty of time for me to buy my shamrock garland and matching tablecloth after Valentine's Day.



But there is one holiday treat I'm always happy to see. The Cadbury Creme Egg. An Easter tradition since 1923. I think. Anyway, it's been around a long time. And it's always been my favorite.

When I was about 13, a boy in my school found out about my love of the creamy confection. He gave me a paper lunch bag full of them. This kid jumped from "I hardly know you" status to "marriage material" pretty fast.

These days, I can't just peel back the foil wrapping and guiltlessly enjoy the gooey goodness like I used to. But I still let myself have one or two. I just can't resist.

So, Easter is here, and the Cadbury Creme Egg will disappear off the shelves. That's ok. Easter isn't just all about eggs and bunnies and flowers. My Savior bled and died, was buried and rose again. Just for me. And that's something worth celebrating year round.

1 comment:

  1. This is Sophia. I'm SO with you. G'ma gasped when I read that that boy came up and gave you a whole bag full. Pssst... (Did she know?)

    ReplyDelete